Saturday, February 8, 2014

YSL Lipstick in 17 (Rose In Tension)


 Hello Everyone!
So, I don't usually dare walk anywhere near the Yves Saint Laurent section in Sephora; their products appeal to me too much, but the price tag is just... not happy days (as my anthropology professor would say).

But, one fateful day, I was browsing past it, and I took a look at their Rouge Volupte lipstick line. I picked up many colours, swatching them, but they just weren't doing it, but this one stood out to me, and was 
practically calling my name.






This is #17 in Rose In Tension from the Rouge Volupte Shine line. It looks really bright on the packaging and in the actual tube, but because it is from the shine portion of the lipsticks, it comes off slightly more sheer on a swatch and on the lips.

The staying power is amazing, the colour sort of stains your lips, and stays on for your whole work/school day. I do sometimes touch it up, just because I like that shiny finish, but there is honestly no need to.

 The packaging is slightly heavier than your average lipstick, but the luxurious look is to die for, and the extra weight is not a big deal for me.

The price for this lipstick is $39 CAD, which is a hell of a lot of money, but I sort of convinced myself that I needed this lipstick, and that it will pay out in the end when I get compliments on it and I feel like a million bucks while wearing it.

There are no other cons other than weight and price, and I would definitely recommend this lipstick to everyone. I don't hear anyone talking about this shade in particular so I wanted to share my opinion.

 Thanks for reading!
-Aleks xx

No comments :

Post a Comment