Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tribal/Aztec Nails

Hello Everyone!

So I really didn't know what to write about today. I did a tad bit of shopping and I picked up some beauty products which I will take pictures of soon and upload a review, so for today, I'll talk about how you can achieve this nail look!

I'm a huge nail polish junkie, I love doing nail art and all that stuff, but I'm not the most creative person out there. I usually see pictures online, and copy them almost to a T, but this was something I've seen before, but I used my own colours and designs and I'm proud of it.
Here are the steps to achieving this nail look:

1. Put a base coat on (I use Seche Clear Base Coat)
2. Two layers of a base colour, could be whichever of the ones I used, but my base was the dark taupe/purple colour by Sephora by OPI (which is discontinued!) Metro Chic.
3. Either using a nail art brush, or just the brush in the nail polish, apply 3 more colours in various horizontal/vertical stripes.
RED: Maraschino by Jenna Hipp
BLUE: Pixie by Urban Outfitters
NUDE: Elegant by Revlon
4. Using a black nail polish (mine is specifically designed for nail art, so I have a striper), line some black in between each colour to separate them and make it look more visually appealing.
5. Use any design for each little segment, mine vary from dots (which I used a dotting tool for, but you can swap this out for a bobby pin or an empty ballpoint pen), to arrows, to slashes, anything really. Be creative!
6. Once you have finished the design, seal it in with a topcoat, I used Seche Vite Top Coat. It is the best topcoat on the market, it dries quickly and gives your nails a gel sort-of finish.
7. Using a pointed q-tip and some nail polish remover, remove excess nail polish that might have gotten onto skin. This is the most important part, your nails will not look as good if they are sloppy-looking.

And there you have it! Pretty easy, takes a while, especially using your non-dominant hand to draw, but it is worth it in the end!
Let me know if you want step-by-step pictures next time, because I will be sure to do that for you!

Thanks for reading, and if you try this nail look, hashtag it on Instagram: #marinaleks
-Aleksandra xx

No comments :

Post a Comment